Tools and tips for configuring Windows on a Mac (through bootcamp)
- randyrants/sharpkeys. It lets you remap keys in Windows, e.g. swap CTRL and WIN.
- You can also use Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator for remapping keys. However it’s little bit outdated(requires .Net 2.0), and does’t work well on Windows 10.
- How to enable .Net 2.0 on Windows 10? Open “Control Panel”, go to “Uninstall a Programs” then on the left panel, click “Turn Windows features on or off”; in the popup dialog, tick the .Net 2.0 related feature.
Fn keys as Fn keys
If you want Fn keys just be Fn keys, (e.g. F1,F2,F3, etc.) instead of using them for controlling the display light or sound, do the following:
- Click on the bootcamp icon in the system tray
- On the popup window, switch to “Keyboard” tab
- Make sure the option “Use all F1, F2, etc. …” is checked.